Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Woe is me... or not

Today I learned that I can CHOOSE not to feel sorry for myself, and I can CHOOSE not to go down the depressive slumpy route. Around lunchtime at work these negative thoughts started to etch their way in my mind and I just started feeling really ugh and bla. Knowing me and what I tend to do, it could have ruined my whole day if I continued entertaining those pathetic thoughts and I could have chosen to feel mopey and sorry for myself. However, I chose to heed the advice of my husband and just get out of it already. My thoughts had no basis and were just plain stupid. I was surprised that after I had made that conscious decision, I was absolutely fine and had a really good rest of the day. I mean this is something that I always knew I could do, but its so easy to go down the pathetic route. The other way isn't as hard as I thought either, and god, it is so much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home